Some say Labor day weekend is the end of summer grilling, we say NO-WAY, keep on grilling and here is a great recipe to throw on the grill!!
• 8 6-inch wooden skewers
• 4 ounces pearl white or red onions (about 16), unpeeled
• 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
• 12 ounces medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 12 refrigerated spinach-and-cheese tortellini, cooked,
drained, and cooled
• Lemon Tarragon Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
• Radicchio or red Swiss chard leaves (optional)
• Freshly shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
1. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes; drain. Pour boiling water over the onions; let stand for 3 minutes; drain. Trim off root ends and gently press to slip off skins. Alternately thread onions, artichoke hears, shrimp, and tortellini onto prepared skewer. Set on oiled vegetable grilling rack, if desired.
2. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, brushing frequently with Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette and turning once. To serve, place over radicchio or red Swiss chard leaves and pass Parmesan or Romano cheese, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette: Stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil; 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel; 2 tablespoons lemon juice or dry vermouth; 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed; 2 cloves garlic, minced; 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Makes about 1/3 cup.
• Servings Per Recipe 8 servings Calories116, Total Fat (g)5, Saturated Fat (g)1, Cholesterol (mg)55, Sodium (mg)226, Carbohydrate (g)12, Fiber (g)2, Protein (g)8, Vitamin C (DV%)14, Iron (DV%)10, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet