Now that everyone is settling back into routines there never seems to be enough time to get everything done in your day that you need. The most important of those is a good home cooked meal. Here is a recipe for a fast and easy one that will please everyone at your table! Start to finish this recipe will take 30 minutes.
• 6 oz. extra-wide egg noodles
• 1 2- to 2-1/4-lb. purchased roasted chicken
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
• 1-3/4 cups whole milk or light cream
• 1/2 slice white or wheat bread
• 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• Snipped fresh thyme (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones. Discard skin and bones; shred chicken. In saucepan combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
3. In blender or food processor, process bread into coarse crumbs. Transfer to small bowl; add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
4. Stir noodles and remaining Parmesan into hot chicken mixture. Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among 4 individual casserole dishes. Top each with some of the bread crumb mixture. Bake 5 minutes or until top begins to brown. Top with fresh thyme. Makes 4 servings.
• Calories701, Total Fat (g)37, Saturated Fat (g)16, Monounsaturated Fat (g)4, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1, Cholesterol (mg)222, Sodium (mg)1388, Carbohydrate (g)45, Total Sugar (g)10, Fiber (g)3, Protein (g)50, Vitamin C (DV%)12, Calcium (DV%)34, Iron (DV%)26, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet