It’s Labor day forget all the work in the kitchen! Throw this quick, easy and delicious summer salad together and enjoy the weekend!
Summer Strawberry Salad
• 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
• 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
• 1 banana, sliced
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup cream of coconut
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
• 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1. In a very large bowl toss together romaine, strawberries, pineapple, and banana. If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
2. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together water, cream of coconut, lemon juice, mustard, and ginger. If desired, cover and refrigerate. To serve, toss greens mixture with dressing to coat. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
3. Makes: 6 to 8 servings
•Calories111 Total Fat (g)4 Saturated Fat (g)3, Sodium (mg)35, Carbohydrate (g)20, Total Sugar (g)11, Fiber (g)4, Protein (g)2, Vitamin C (DV%)131, Calcium (DV%)4, Iron (DV%)7, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet