• 1 1/2 pound large fresh or frozen shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large red and/or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
• 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
• 1 1 pound loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
• 4 roma tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (optional)
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
• 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Thread shrimp onto six 12-inch wooden skewers.* Brush shrimp with about 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
2. For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
3. Brush sweet peppers and zucchini with oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
4. Brush bread slices and tomatoes with some of the reserved oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are softened, turning once halfway through grilling.
5. Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to a very large bowl. Cut sweet peppers, zucchini, and bread into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Drizzle with any remaining oil mixture. If desired, add basil, parsley, and olives; toss to combine.
6. Serve salad immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.
from the test kitchen
Tip *Tip:Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
Servings Per Recipe 10, Calories 331, Protein (gm) 14, Carbohydrate (gm) 29, Fat, total (gm) 18, Cholesterol (mg) 88, Saturated fat (gm) 3, Monosaturated fat (gm) 12, Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 2, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 2, Sugar, total (gm) 6, Vitamin A (IU) 1409, Vitamin C (mg) 62, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 44, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Sodium (mg) 761, Potassium (mg) 347, Calcium (DV %) 71, Iron (DV %) 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet